Daintree Discovery Centre Experience
We invite you to visit the Daintree Discovery Centre, an award-winning world class interpretive facility that allows visitors easy access to every level of the Daintree Rainforest; from the forest floor to the upper most reaches of the canopy. The Centre features Boardwalk tours, a 23 metre high Canopy Tower, Aerial Walkway and comprehensive Display Centre. View the Centre’s interactive map.
Established in 1989 the Centre is widely recognised as a leader in the field of ecotourism, and in particular, environmental conservation. It provides an excellent introduction to the wonders of the Daintree Rainforest. But equally important, it demonstrates how such forests offset carbon and help to slow down climate change. Come and find out how you can help save the planet!
YOUR VALUE ADDED DAINTREE RAINFOREST EXPERIENCE ENTRY INCLUDES:
- 48 page full colour Interpretive Guide Book
- All day access to the Daintree Discovery Centre, Interactive Displays, Eco Theatre, Rainforest Coffee Shop and the best toilets in the north!
- 7 day return visit at no charge
- A multi-award winning example of sustainable eco-tourism
- Support for the Discovery Centre’s Carbon Offset Program; revegetating degraded rainforest blocks
- An all weather venue that is accessible all year round.
Take your time and look closer at the Daintree Rainforest – a living green dinosaur!
The Daintree Rainforest is world heritage listed and very special. It is not only an iconic ecotourism destination but an increasingly important location for rainforest research.
The Daintree Discovery Centre has been selected as one of 7 ‘Supersites’ across Australia where scientific data about ecosystems (flora, fauna and biophysical processes) will be collected, stored and analysed. The purpose of this research is to improve our understanding of how key ecosystems respond to environmental change.
Audio Tours of the Daintree Rainforest are available in eight languages. To listen to a sample from our audio guides, click on a flag below: